If you own a home or property in the Greater Smithfield area of Rhode Island and are interested in hiring a team of landscapers to provide you with tree planting and maintenance, make sure to know exactly what you want before you start making calls. There are different types of landscaping companies available to choose from for your property. Some will simply provide lawn and landscaping maintenance, while others can take care of sod and seed or lawn fertilization in Rhode Island as well. Whatever services you require, make sure to have a list of the things you would want the landscapers to do so you can get an accurate quote.
Hire Professional Tree Trimmers
If one of your goals is to hire a team that can provide you with services for your trees in addition to Rhode Island sod and seed or other seasonal work, make sure to hire a team that specializes in tree trimming. Trees are much more difficult to take care of than other areas of your landscaping. Trees require different attention, care and maintenance than even bushes or shrubs. If you want to include the trimming, pruning, tree planting and maintenance as part of a larger package for lawn and landscaping maintenance, make sure to make that clear when you contact someone for service.
There are two primary types of landscaping services available to choose from:
- Full Service – This type of service stretches beyond the basic planting and lawn fertilization in Rhode Island and can include landscape design, construction and even hardscaping as part of the work to be completed. Full service can also mean regular services that are contracted on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, to ensure that the grass stays mowed and that the trees stay trimmed.
- Maintenance – Many of the companies that specialize only in lawn and landscaping maintenance may not have the tools, equipment or skills required to provide you with full service work, such as Rhode Island sod and seed or tree planting and maintenance. Make sure to discuss your needs with the contractor before you pay for any work or agree to any type of service plan.
Top Questions to Ask a Landscaping Company
It is important to know what you want before you start contacting companies to provide you with lawn and landscaping maintenance, tree planting and maintenance, landscape design or lawn fertilization in Rhode Island. Once you know how to articulate your needs to the contractor or representative of the company, there are also some other questions that you should ask before you start having them do any work on your Smithfield property.
- How long have you been in business? – Experience counts! Don’t hire a company unless it has a proven track record and a flawless reputation in the local area.
- Do you have any references? – Ask for references and then actually call the names on the list. Ask if you can see the work that was done or ask to view an online portfolio of properties that they provide lawn and landscaping maintenance or other services to on a regular basis.
- Are you licensed, bonded and fully insured? – This is a question that you should ask of anyone that does any work in or around your home. Ask to see proof of all of the above and actually verify that the license matches the company name.
- What is your specialty? – If you want to hire a service for tree planting and maintenance, then make sure they know a lot of about planting, trimming, pruning and maintaining trees. If you want to hire someone to install hardscaping in your backyard, make sure they have the knowledge and tools to get the job done.
- Can I get an estimate? – Make sure that you will get an in-writing estimate that details the work to be done. If you have any questions at all, make sure to speak with the project manager. Whether you need basic Rhode Island sod and seed or something more complicated, you should still get a written estimate.
- How will the work be completed? – You should also ask how long the project will take to be completed, how many workers will be on-site, and what type of equipment will be used. The type of materials used and the methods employed should also be disclosed before any work is started.
Call Eastern Landscaping for an Estimate!
If you are thinking about starting a lawn and landscaping maintenance project at your Smithfield property, contact Eastern Landscaping for a NO COST ESTIMATE. We can help you with a wide range of services, including sod and seed, tree planting and maintenance, landscaping and hardscaping design, as well as lawn fertilization in Rhode Island and the surrounding area. Call today at 401-766-9035 to schedule an appointment or to learn more about our services.